Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Essential Outdoor 2nd Generation VMK3450-1BY Trouble with batteries holding charge

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
peagle1
Follower
Follower

I am having trouble with batteries holding a charge.  I have done all the suggestions on the website, According to the website the battery should last for 3-6 months and it hardly lasts 3 weeks.  I even turned it off on my phone.   I have been trying to call Arlo and I have got nowhere.  Please help, because it gets frustrating having to keep recharging the battery. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things generally are the issue of rapid battery depletion:

1) Signal strength/quality between the camera and router. Move a camera closer to the router to test. Look for other 2,4GHz wireless devices near the camera which may be interfering with the signal.

2) Too much recordings and live viewing with <5 minutes per day total being the general guide. If you have activity zones defined, remove them since the servers may be deleting videos giving you a false sense of usage. Add up the total number of minutes:seconds of recording (and any live viewing you may be doing) to see if you're under that 5 minute guide.

VPX969
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem, same setup with solar panel, brought camera in and charged it to 100%. After 3 days it’s down to 35%. Has been working fine for about 8 or 9 months. Also not charging from solar panel, and I did clean the panel and the connections.