Arlo Essential Camera with Solar panels

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AJGreen
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo account with 3 outdoor cameras at my home in South Dakota. I recently bought and installed 2 Essential Camera with Solar Panels outside for my mom in her yards in Colorado. The camera in her backyard kept going offline. I called her internet provider to have them move the modem closer to the camera. They installed a new modem with the same user name and password but it is still offline. Obviously I cannot not just go over there and reset it and my mom is 87 and can barely use her cellphone, is there any way I can reset the cameras to the new modem without being there??  I need the camera feed to show up still under my account so I can check the yard. My mom has had several pit bulls run into her yard and terrorize her and I need the camera to be active to report them to Animal control.  Really need help!!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AJGreen,

It could be that the camera battery is simply dead, try recharging it first to see if it will reconnect. If it does not reconnect, you will need to remove the camera from the account and go through the factory reset process. This will require physical interaction with the camera as described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063225/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Outdoor-Camera-2nd-Generation

JamesC