granting access

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
re00319
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to grant access to my daughter several times without success. Setting up my wife was easy. What is the problem?  Instructions are of no help.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@re00319 wrote:

I have tried to grant access to my daughter several times without success. 

Is she accepting the invitation on a PC?  Generally that works out better than trying to accept it on a phone.

She need to click on "create account" in the invitation email. That will open a browser to my.arlo.com.   If she already has an Arlo account, she need to log into it (and complete the two factor authentication step).

After that, check your account, and make sure the invitation is accepted there.

If she still can't access the cameras after the invite is accepted, then post back. 

re00319
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. She did the things you suggested but it still wouldn’t work.  We called support and found out that the Arlo app she downloaded was a newer version than mine. Although I checked the App Store for the latest version, I was not able to update my copy. I went into my Arlo app as recommended by the tech and took steps to add a new Pro camera. I didn’t need to complete the process because I didn’t have a device to add but going through this process resulted in upgrading my Arlo to the latest version. I would never have figured this out without calling support. It’s not intuitive but it worked and I was able to grant her access. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@re00319 wrote:

went into my Arlo app as recommended by the tech and took steps to add a new Pro camera. I didn’t need to complete the process because I didn’t have a device to add but going through this process resulted in upgrading my Arlo to the latest version. I would never have figured this out without calling support. It’s not intuitive but it worked and I was able to grant her access. 

Yes, this is not intuitive.

I would have walked you through it here, after you'd confirmed that the invite was accepted.  I didn't put it in the first reply because I've found that putting too many steps in the reply can create even more confusion.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to reach support, and that they helped you resolve  the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation