Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

#VMC2040Art2 Arlo Essential Indoor unresponsive. Privacy Shield closed. Slow blinking blue light.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Essential Indoor Security Camera 

Thank you for your help.

Have used an Arlo Q for years.  

Bought two Arlo Essential Indoor cameras at the end of March this year.

(Was extremely disappointed that the Arlo Essential has been downgraded to 2.4 GHz and no longer includes the free storage included with the Arlo Q. -It also seems less dependable than the Arlo Q. But that's neither here nor there....)

After a couple months, within the three month trial period, one of the new Arlo Essentials stopped working.  I was not able to check the camera's location myself.

1) I had it unplugged and plugged in.  The camera still did not appear in the Arlo app on my phone or the MyArlo website on my computer. 

2) I had the Sync button pushed for more than 15 seconds. The camera still did not appear. 

3) Using the Arlo App, I removed the device. 

4) I am now on site and have tried steps 1 & 2 above.  The camera powers up but the Privacy Shield remains closed and the blue light flashes slowly. 

I haven't been able to find any relevant guidance on the Arlo site. 

Thanks for your informed help. 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed the instructions of the automated chat.  Concluded with it saying they would send me an email which I could reply to in order to contact human support staff.  The email did not arrive.  (I checked my spam folder.)

On the Arlo support website, there's a link that says:  

'Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.'

Following the link, there is no telephone number, only the automated chat.  

The last time I sent an email to Arlo Support, it took weeks for them to get back to me. 

This is frustrating. 

timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the chat on the Arlo website and was able to get through to a human. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation