Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Islandbabe
Follower
Follower

I was on the phone with a customer service person. They told me I have to pay an addition $300 for a yearly subscription to renew the license fee on my camera. I just wanted 24/7 recording. Anyone used this feature? Do you pay for that fee? 

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Islandbabe wrote:

I was on the phone with a customer service person. They told me I have to pay an addition $300 for a yearly subscription to renew the license fee on my camera. I just wanted 24/7 recording. Anyone used this feature? Do you pay for that fee? 

You reached a scam support site.  Did you google for a support number?  (that generally leads to a scam site).

Contact support through the app. Go into the support area, select a camera (one in a subscription plan if you want phone support).  Then scroll down to the "contact" section, where you will see your options.

Missyb5777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to add a new camera to the 3 I've had for a year  it wouldn't connect. I went through the Support in the Arlo App. A man called me he said I had an expired Network key & I had to buy a 1, or 2 year or lifetime thing in order to use my cameras. I have had the Arlo Smart Subscription for a year too. Now only 1 of my 3 cameras shows up & whomever was on the phone has all my info. And this was through the Arlo App 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Missyb5777 wrote:

I tried to add a new camera to the 3 I've had for a year  it wouldn't connect. I went through the Support in the Arlo App. A man called me he said I had an expired Network key & I had to buy a 1, or 2 year or lifetime thing in order to use my cameras. I have had the Arlo Smart Subscription for a year too. Now only 1 of my 3 cameras shows up & whomever was on the phone has all my info. And this was through the Arlo App 

No idea how he knew to call you, but definitely a scammer.

I suggest doing a factory reset on the cameras, changing your account password, cancelling the credit card, and updating the payment info.

Maybe also change the email password while you at it.

Missyb5777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I'll have to see how to do a factory reset as I don't know. Thank you again 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Missyb5777 wrote:

Thank you. I'll have to see how to do a factory reset as I don't know. Thank you again 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Missyb5777
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you but not one of the three would do a factory reset. I did change email password card. Doesn't arlo have a chat or does someone generally call you back?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Missyb5777 wrote:

thank you but not one of the three would do a factory reset.

Did you hold the sync button down until it starting blinking amber? (around 15 seconds).

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they want to follow up.

Missyb5777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dud & it turned amber & it flashed for about a minute & a half the started flashing faster & shut off. I even took the plug out left it out 15 seconds then tried a factory reset , same thing again. So I took the plug out & this time tried to Add a Device it went to thr point of the chime & then just kept searching until it started flashing amber & shut off. This is the number I got the call from 844-509-0309. The man said he was calling me about my help chat & he quoted me what I had written in the chat box that I had tried to add a new camera & it wouldn't connect. He said let me check & came back on & said that my cameras were older that I added them on last year & something, I thought he was saying network support key has expired & then he started quoting me prices for 1 year 2 year & lifetime I would need to pay to keep them operable. I said but I pay $14.99 a month now & he saud well then it would only be $10 a month. I said I didn't pay a fee when I put them up & he saud law had changed. I told him firstly I wasn't giving my debit card info out & that I did not have money for fees like that. He saud let me talk to blink & see if they can help you out with a payment plan. I said no I have to think about what's going on here & I hung up. I then opened another support chat & stated what happened & I got an email saying it could be 48 hours before they got back to me. I opened my app & now I only had 1 camera showing in my account. Then after I tried the factory reset , it is gone too. My husband of 35 years passed away last year I live very rural & I had a hobo try to get in & then a young boy who tried to kill his mother tried to get in. I countd on these cameras for at least some peace.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Missyb5777

I have escalated your case & someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43246750

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For what it's worth, I had 2 CVR cameras yesterday (11/30) but today (12/1) I only have one, and one of my cameras has disappeared from the app. It looks like another mistake by Arlo. Perhaps they no longer have the 50% discount on the second CVR camera so they just deleted it entirely. This is all without notice (my subscription is supposed to renew next April). The camera they disconnected, an Arlo Q, is in a vacation home 2500 miles away, so re-syncing it is not an option.

Missyb5777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got all of mine up & running this afternoon. I just kept trying to add new device then just waited a bit & tried again & finally yay.

Wow what will you do about the vacation camera. Is there anyone who can go push the Sync button a bazillion times for you. ? Good luck. Oh ,& mine is Arlo Smart Subscription not CVR or I don't think it is but I'm not really sure anymore. But I'm thrilled to have them back

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation