SSID number Arlo Essential Indoor Camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
USAF_Vet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent 4 hours searching for the SSID number.  3 technicals at the high speed satellite company have no clue what your asking for and it's not available to find on the Internet.

Face it, you have you customer service - and I have no camera.  This baby's flying back to you.

Your customer support is non-existent. Your "Support" bot sends everyone in a senseless loop. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This total lack of customer care

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why on earth are you looking for an SSID from a camera? The only places an SSID are from a router or the Arlo base or hub (which is effectively a stripped down router). The cameras use that SSID to connect and do not offer one.

USAF_Vet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Becayse the Essential Indoor Camera asks for the SSID number and w/o it, it will not let me set up installation.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When connecting to your WiFi (as opposed to an Arlo hub or base), it needs to know what network it should use. That's identified by the router's settings and is the same as what you would connect your phone to. This is the SSID in question - it identifies your WiFi and will also ask for your WiFi password. The process is similar to connecting any WiFi device to your network.

USAF_Vet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I spoke to the high speed satellite service people yesterday and their techs - I know my password and the name on the wi-fi - Arlo doesn't accept it; camera rendered useless.  The owner of the company is coming out to see me today and see if he can figure out what's wrong.   I spent 3 hours searching for this mysterious SSID number - an absolute waste of time.  This baby's flying back to Amazon.  I don't have any more time to play games searching for what appears to be a non-existent number that isn't displayed any where.  Their no customer service robot - a joke.

USAF_Vet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo's looking for a mix of digits and letters - I don't have that.  I entered what's on my phone, my iMac 27 and my iPad - they're all the same.  Not what they're looking for.  Thank you for trying to help.  I think Arlo's FUBAR.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@USAF_Vet wrote:

I spent 3 hours searching for this mysterious SSID number - an absolute waste of time.  

It's asking for the SSID - not the SSID "number".

That is another (more technical) name for your network name.

@USAF_Vet wrote:

I entered what's on my phone, my iMac 27 and my iPad - they're all the same.  Not what they're looking for.

Actually it is exactly what they are looking for.  Why it didn't connect is another question.

Do you know if your wifi is set up to use WPA2 (AES encryption).  You should be able to find that info in your router settings.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation