Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live (essential doorbell and essential camera)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jeh907
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo hub with door and window sensors and two cameras (an Arlo Essential inside and an Essential wire-free video doorbell outside).

About 10 days ago I stopped getting video notifications of motion detection from either of my cameras and they do not save videos when motion is detected. I can still watch video from both cameras live. Finally, the doorbell no longer rings when I press the button.  I can also still record video manually when watching live. 

The hub still detects motion and the sensors are still working. I have gone through many forums and arlo instructions to rule out likely causes. I can rule out:

1. Issues with the iOS app are not the issue. Recordings and notifications also not present when logging in from the web. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS app and it is not an issue with low battery mode or muting of notifications. 

2. It is not an issue with Arlo settings. Both cameras are set to detect motion and record video when the system is armed. Settings are similar to what I have for the Arlo Hub, which is sending notifications when it detects motion. 

3. I have tried restarting all the devices from the app and manually unplugging them (or removing the battery for the doorbell). 

4. Some additional details in case they are helpful: I have an active annual safe and secure subscription. The SKUs from my original order confirmation are for the indoor camera:  VMC2040-100NAS, and for the doorbell: AVD2001-100NAS. Issue first noticed on August 24th, 2024.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jeh907,

Are you using the default "Arm Home" or "Arm Away" modes? Have you checked both modes under Routines > Modes to be sure there are rules for each desired device?

JamesC

jeh907
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I am using the default modes and have double-checked the current settings for both devices. They are both set to record a video and send a notification when motion is detected. 

In case it is relevant, both devices also stopped working at the same time and without me making any changes to my settings. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation