Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 way audio for indoor essential does not work properly, is there anything that I need to be aware of?
12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:
2 way audio for indoor essential does not work properly, is there anything that I need to be aware of?

Can you give more details on what the problem is?

Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't hear properly what other person in front of camera saying, so I have to say something, close window and go to live streaming to hear what other person is saying and then come back to audio to reply.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:
I can't hear properly what other person in front of camera saying

Is it

• too quiet? 
  • Or static/noise?
  • or perhaps distortion?

What device are you using? (PC or phone/tablet model)?

Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's very quite that I can't hear properly, I I using on android phone
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:
It's very quite that I can't hear properly, I I using on android phone

This is commonly reported with Samsung phones.  I haven't seen a good solution, though others have reported the audio level is normal when you are using a headset.

Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am using Samsung and its latest model; Galaxy S21, so not sure if its phone issue or not.
Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Glad I only bought basic camera as a trial and didn't buy bundle package for entire home. Can you please tell me if all cameras have this issue with Samsung phones.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:
Yes I am using Samsung and its latest model; Galaxy S21, so not sure if its phone issue or not.

If you have bluetooth headphones, you can test with them.  

I am wondering about the overall setup.  Is the camera aimed through a window, or is the person talking in the same room?  How far is the person from the camera?

Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I can test with Bluetooth headset but that's not practical solution all the time. The person speaks right in front of the camera. The sound is great in terms of live streaming but when it comes to 2 way audio, it's more like a 1 way from app to camera and nothing from camera back to app.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:
Yes I can test with Bluetooth headset but that's not practical solution all the time.

Understood.  But if it works with Bluetooth, it points to a phone compatibility issue.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen any good solutions when that's the case.

Overall, IMO the lag is too long for efficient 2-way communication, so that is a feature I personally don't find very useful.

Jibran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried 2 way audio with Bluetooth, it gets slightly better but still there is big difference in quality of sound between live streaming and 2 way audio with Bluetooth headsets.

Can you please let me know if this issue exists with entire range of arlo cameras and samsung phones.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jibran wrote:

Can you please let me know if this issue exists with entire range of arlo cameras and samsung phones.

I don't work for Arlo, so the only info I have on that is what is posted here.  It has been posted by several people over the years, with various cameras (and samsung phone models).

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation