Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

My new Essential Indoor camera will not read the QR code.  Tried iphone and ipad multiple times.  The privacy shield closes 5-6 seconds after the QR code is displayed in the app and placed in front of the camera.  Tried factory reset, the led never displays amber color no matter how long you hold the button.  What now?
BTW.  My app already has one arlo camera active at a different address on a different wifi connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get my Essential Indoor camera to read the QR code.  Not sure what I did differently other than maybe the correct angle and distance to bring the code into focus.

CGP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CGP wrote:

My new Essential Indoor camera will not read the QR code.  Tried iphone and ipad multiple times. 

I suggest trying support next.

Though if you want to try again, you might try moving the phone/ipad forward and back slowly, as the QR code might be out of focus.

RDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to connect my in door camera but blinking blue light does not stay on. Blinks for only seconds and then goes out. I have tried connecting to Base Station and WIFI.

I have the old model Arlo indoor cameras and outdoor pro cameras and have no problem.

Does anyone else have a problem connecting?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CGP,

Do you hear the chime after putting the QR code in front of the camera? It could be an issue with the SSID/Password that is being entered. Check to make sure this information is being entered correctly.

JamesC

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

@CGP@RDJ  - Curious if you both are following the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera steps to factory reset the device?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062560/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

1. Press and hold the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds.
  2. Ensure that the camera LED rapidly blinks blue after you held down sync button.

After a successful factory reset, the camera will restart. In the app, the Onboarding flow should guide you on the steps to get the camera connected and added to your account. I have a few questions as you go through these...

1. The Privacy Shield will open 20 or so seconds after the restart. - Are you seeing this? Is the Privacy Shield staying open?
  2. Press and hold the Sync button for a couple of seconds. The LED light on the front of the camera should be Flashing blue. - Are you seeing this LED behavior as well?
  3. Put the QR code displayed by the app in front of the camera. You should hear a chime.
    - Can you confirm the 2.4GHz SSID/Passphrase you entered are correct?
    - Did you hear the chime?
    - This could be a tough ask, so I apologize ahead... Is there a way to check your router if the Camera connected to your 2.4GHz network?
  4. The next step will go through a discovery phase.It's important that the camera connected successfully to your router. It can take up to two minutes to discover the device. 

Thanks in advance!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CGP, RDJ

Are you still experiencing issues setting up your Arlo Essential Indoor camera? Please let us know.

Thanks,

JamesC

CGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get my Essential Indoor camera to read the QR code.  Not sure what I did differently other than maybe the correct angle and distance to bring the code into focus.

CGP

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CGP,

Great, thank you for the confirmation.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation