Essential Indoor Camera not Joining

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jimbuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had no problem with a couple Pro 4’s but I cannot get the indoor Essential camera to read the provided symbol to join connect with WIFI.  Every time the camera blinks blue for only 6 seconds and the privacy door closes after 10 seconds - No chime.  Have tried numerous times and repeatedly followed Arlo’ suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jimbuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue resolved.  Total user error on my part.  Although I never did get a factory reset performed (never got that amber flashing light) I did get the camera to accept the QR code and progress normally.  Turns out I was holding the sync button too long (holding it until the camera began flashing blue).  With a quick touch, several seconds later it began its blue flashing and took the code straight away with a reassuring chime.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jimbuck wrote:

Had no problem with a couple Pro 4’s but I cannot get the indoor Essential camera to read the provided symbol to join connect with WIFI.  Every time the camera blinks blue for only 6 seconds and the privacy door closes after 10 seconds - No chime.  Have tried numerous times and repeatedly followed Arlo’ suggestions

First try the factory reset (holding down on sync until it flashes orange).

Then maybe try using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com) instead of the app.  Also be very careful when entering the network name and password - both are case sensitive.

Also be careful to select the correct camera model when adding the indoor camera.

Jimbuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get it to factory reset.  Held the sync button for two minutes And it only continued to blink blue while I held the button.  I did try from the website but the camera still does the same thing.  It only blinks blue for 6 seconds and the privacy door closes after 10 seconds

Jimbuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue resolved.  Total user error on my part.  Although I never did get a factory reset performed (never got that amber flashing light) I did get the camera to accept the QR code and progress normally.  Turns out I was holding the sync button too long (holding it until the camera began flashing blue).  With a quick touch, several seconds later it began its blue flashing and took the code straight away with a reassuring chime.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation