Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Indoor Camera VMC2040Ar1.3 was working, went offline, now will not receive power

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
blakeyblake73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Essential Indoor Camera was working for several months.  It went offline and I was unable to get it back on.  I removed the device and attempted to reconnect it.  The camera is not receiving power, no status lights come on even after performing a factory reset.  I have verified the plug and specific outlet are receiving power and it is connected securely. The Arlo chatbot told me a live chat was not entitled to me, even though I have a Secure Multi Camera subscription.  Any help appreciated.  How can you even contact these people if a piece of their equipment under warranty is not working properly? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure why the old legacy subscription wouldn't entitle you to support but you likely should unsubscribe from that and purchase an appropriate current subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blakeyblake73 wrote:

The Arlo chatbot told me a live chat was not entitled to me, even though I have a Secure Multi Camera subscription.  

Did you try selecting a different camera that is in the subscription?  (in the app of course, not the browser).

blakeyblake73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logging in under a different camera via the phone app instead of the web page finally got me to a real person. They ran me through all of the steps to verify it is a camera issue, not user error. Let’s see if I actually get a replacement as the next department to send a replacement camera is questioning if I really own the camera?  Keep your receipts. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation