Continue to be Charged for Canceled Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beware....you will be charged even if you cancel services...

Are there any real people available to answer phones and have a real discussion with customers that continue to get charged for subscriptions that have been canceled?  While the online forum may seem to be the most convenient for Arlo companies, it doesn't work for everyone.

Arlo has been charging me subscription fees forever despite my subscription having been canceled and there being no devices on record.  Further, there are no additional venues to resolve this issue short of canceling my payment and getting a new card -- or better, writing the State Attorney General's Office to intervene on these poor business practices.

Has anyone else had to deal with this level of poor customer service? 

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MsKaren,

Are you sure these charges are coming from Arlo? If you log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Subscriptions do you see any active services?

JamesC

MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Yes - per my credit card the charges are directly from Arlo despite me having canceled some time ago and having no devices and/or subscriptions to speak of.  Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a single live person available at Arlo (or made available) to answer a phone call to resolve matters like these efficiently.

thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MsKaren,

I've opened and escalated a ticket with the care team. An agent will reach out to you with a status update via email as soon as possible.

JamesC

MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thank you.  I appreciate you following up. How long before I should expect to receive a response from the Care Team?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MsKaren,

It appears the agent has responded via email to the ticket. You can refer to your open support case within the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

I received and responded to the email from Mhikko (Arlo Customer Care) and provided the information requested.  I haven't received a call or a follow-up email.  What is the timeframe that is expected for a return phone call or further inquiry to resolve this billing issue?  I was just charged again today...  Very disappointed for the apparent lack of urgency by the Arlo team.

Thank you,

Karen

MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good evening James,

I spoke with Mhikko yesterday regarding the ongoing charges and was credited 5 months charges.  While I appreciate the credit given, I feel it important to share than Mhikko's remark (and obviously the Arlo business philosophy) that I should have noticed and acted sooner.  While it is a customer's responsibility to monitor account activity, I do not appreciate Mhikko deflecting on the issue that Arlo billed me for services that are not being delivered or subscribed to.  Mhikko explained I have been subscribed to, and charged for, a 14 day trial that has been billed monthly.  If it is a 14-day trial, why would it continue to be billed monthly?  If I am misunderstanding then further details should be provided however, that is obviously not part of the service that is provided by Arlo.

Arlo has demonstrated that there is no concern for the customer or addressing an internal billing issue.  Even if I didn't notice sooner, that doesn't absolve your company of it's responsibility to fully investigate and correct the issue.  I am certain I cannot be the only customer that has been erroneously overcharged.  Even more ridiculous was Mhikko's manner of offering the meager credits......first comment "I can offer you a credit for 9.99", which when questioned about the billings for the months before that was met with "I can offer you a credit for 2 months".  When I asked again about the months prior to that, he said "I can provide you with a maximum credit of 6 months".  Arlo's "haggling" about issuing a refund for services billed in error is very unprofessional.  Since then I received 2 phone calls today from the same number Mhikko originally called from.....no message left either time.

I look forward to following-up further with an audit of all charges (on my end) and submitting my complaint to the California Attorney General's office.  I can only hope that other customers have not been charged for services they are not getting and experience the same lackluster level of service (if they get any) from the Arlo support team.  Community members.....please check your accounts and make sure you are also not getting billed incorrectly.

Regards,

Karen

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MsKaren wrote:

Mhikko explained I have been subscribed to, and charged for, a 14 day trial that has been billed monthly. 

FWIW, I haven't ever been charged for a trial, or prompted for credit card information in order to get the trial. If eligible, I am automatically opted in.  (This is certainly the case with the "Library" UI, though I guess it could be different with "Feed".).  So I puzzled on how your credit card got connected to the trial subscription.

Arlo support (regrettably) sometimes does give inaccurate info, so I am tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they want to clarify.

MsKaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed that information can be given in error  - and that a customer should be opted in.  That said, the issue was not resolved but rather swept under the carpet.  Despite requested a confirmation back that there are no services associated with my account, I have received nothing.  If there had not been a billing issue in the first place why would a company extend a refund for services???

This is not the way a customer service concerns should be handled.  Hugely disappointed and will never recommend Arlo or their products.  if you can't support your customers then drop out of the game.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation