Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jared42
Initiate
Initiate
  • Just set up my new Arlo Essentials Indoor Camera. We only arm this camera at night or when we're away. I'd like to receive push notifications when motion is detected, but NOT receive push notifications when the privacy shield opens and closes. I have searched high and low on here. Am I missing it? 

Reasoning: if the camera is armed at night, and my wife wakes up before me and disarms it, I still get woken up with a notification about the privacy shield. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're just arming/disarming the camera you shouldn't be getting privacy shield notifications. Live viewing, yes, but not just by switching modes.

Jared42
Initiate
Initiate

If i changed to "Armed" I get an immediate notification that the "Privacy Shield is Open". If i change to "Unarmed" I get an immediate notification that the "privacy shield is closed". These are push notifications also.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using the new UI so can't test the way you are but I never recall getting that notification when my schedule switched between arming and disarming the camera. Check the mode settings as well as the ones for the camera. I suppose it's possible that removing the camera from your account and adding it back in may help but no guarantees.

Have you tried using the schedule to automate the switching of modes to see what happens?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation