Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Essential Camera: not connecting even after factory restart.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
korort
Follower
Follower

I have a Arlo Essential cam, and it had been working fine for a while, but I changed my setup and didn't use it for a while.

I charged the camera all the way back up, connected it to my 2.4Ghz only IOT network which has other working devices on it (switches, irrigation, reolink door bell and other cameras, etc) that all work. I tried both on my android phone and on my windows computer and it can't find the camera on either.

I checked my router and I can see its connected to the IOT network, router is TPLink.

I tried doing a factory reset, still didn't work. I tried a factory reset and put in off mode, still didn't work.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@korort wrote:

I charged the camera all the way back up, connected it to my 2.4Ghz only IOT network which has other working devices on it (switches, irrigation, reolink door bell and other cameras, etc) that all work.

Were the phone and PC also connected to that network???  If not, try that next.

If they were, then I suggest trying your normal network. Some iOT networks are set up to isolate the clients from each other.  That will interfere with the installation.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@korort wrote:

I charged the camera all the way back up, connected it to my 2.4Ghz only IOT network which has other working devices on it (switches, irrigation, reolink door bell and other cameras, etc) that all work.

Were the phone and PC also connected to that network???  If not, try that next.

If they were, then I suggest trying your normal network. Some iOT networks are set up to isolate the clients from each other.  That will interfere with the installation.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation