Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 step authentication

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Maintstjohns
Guide
Guide

We have several people on our security team at church that take turns each week monitoring the Arlo security cameras . The 2 step authentication comes to 1 person. This person is not always available to communicate the code to whoever has the security responsibility. Any solutions to this problem?

Thank you.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could use email authentication to an email address set up for just this purpose. Many/most/all (?) email clients can import email from other addresses so each person can monitor their own address as well as this one. That means everyone gets the email with the code but that likely would be infrequent so not too intrusive. Filtering these emails may work around that, too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could use email authentication to an email address set up for just this purpose. Many/most/all (?) email clients can import email from other addresses so each person can monitor their own address as well as this one. That means everyone gets the email with the code but that likely would be infrequent so not too intrusive. Filtering these emails may work around that, too.

Maintstjohns
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your quick response.

Doesn't make sense to me that I can't make the choice about my security.

Chris

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation