Android Update for 2nd Gen Cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kchaba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an update to the android app expected anytime soon to work with 2nd gen cameras? My samsung galaxy S9+ can't interact at all with our new Arlo Essential Indoor 2nd Gen cameras we got last week. My fiancée has an iPhone and she can see everything, although she needed to do the most recent app update. That makes me think I need to update my android app but there's nothing showing for available updates. Is this forthcoming? Is there a date known

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kchaba,

Yes, the newly added cameras will also need to be shared as they are not shared automatically.

On the primary users account, navigate to Settings > People > select the shared user > select which cameras you want to share > Save

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may depend on where you are - likely not all regions have rolled out the new cameras. My Android app shows the new cameras as available to install - choose Cameras, Essential Series and the top choice is for the 2nd Gen cameras.

This is with the 2.8_28588 app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kchaba,

When you say your galaxy S9 can't interact with the cameras, what do you mean? Are the cameras being shared to you from your partners account?

JamesC

Kchaba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Do they have to share each camera individually? We have one older camera and I can see that just fine, I just can't see two new ones we just added.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kchaba,

Yes, the newly added cameras will also need to be shared as they are not shared automatically.

On the primary users account, navigate to Settings > People > select the shared user > select which cameras you want to share > Save

JamesC

Kchaba
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked, thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation