Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Zim15
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was hopeful that the update had worked, but this week it seems to again be dropping continuous streaming. All the other features are nice, but this is THEE feature we bought this for. Please help!

19 REPLIES 19
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Zim15,

What phone are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Zim15
Aspirant
Aspirant
My phone is an iPhone X and yes I have reinstalled the app.
Cemrice4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. Always listening mode shuts off after about 5 minutes, which is fine when I’m awake, but not fine when I’m asleep and can’t hear my baby.
Kshelton84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also am having the same issue. App is up to date, has been uninstalled and re installed iPhone XS
ANorris93
Initiate
Initiate

I have my monitoring set up where I can exit from the arlo baby app but I can still hear the monitor. Iv had my arlo for almost 9 months but the last week or so it has started turning off after 15 minutes. It’s so frustrating because sometimes I will realize the the monitor shut off, but when I open the app I find that my baby had been crying for who knows how long. Iv never had this issue before. I’m wondering if it has to do with a bug, latest update? Is anyone else having this issue? It’s driving me crazy. I hate having to reopen the app every 15 minutes to start it up again

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you running a new iOS phone or OS ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LGhost
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been dealing with issues with ours too, but last night was the first time it shut off. In our case, it was the camera itself. My husband had to get up and reboot the entire thing.

I’m upset about this because this camera is so expensive and it shouldn’t be shutting off at all. We’ve only had ours for 4 months. This is ridiculous, especially since we this camera came highly recommended.

karltnz
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue, tried on two iPhone X and three different iPad models, have reinstalled the app, the audio doesnt stay on 😞

Jared208
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same probablem!! There’s no point to even having this expensive camera if we can’t use it as a baby monitor I hope thief fix it it quick
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to update to the newest version for Arlo app and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Mattjkilo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo baby does the same.

Latest iOS and App version on an iPhone 8. Also on my wife’s iPhone 7. Works for a random length of time then stops.

Oddly the always listening works when the speaker is showing next to the head which I hear is the opposite to what it should be doing!?

Please help, it’s getting scary and I’m already on my second Arlo baby.
Mattjkilo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo baby does the same.

Latest iOS and App version on an iPhone 8. Also on my wife’s iPhone 7. Works for a random length of time then stops.

Oddly the always listening works when the speaker is showing next to the head which I hear is the opposite to what it should be doing!? To confirm with the X next to the head always listening doesn’t work at all. Spent almost 4 hours on the phone to customers services now with nowhere further on the issue. Already on my 2nd camera due to a separate fault also - reliability seems concerning (especially for something to help looking after a baby).

Please help, it’s getting scary and I’m already on my second Arlo baby.
Daniel2silver
Tutor
Tutor
I am experiencing the same thing. We updated to the new firmware but our listen only mode continues to shut off automatically after about ten minutes. In addition, the listen always icon disappears then randomly reappears if you close and restart the app. Lastly, normally listen always is activated when it is the head with the “x” icon next to it. Now, it is reversed. It goes into listen always when the head with speaker icon is selected. Does the opposite on my wife’s phone. Using iphone X with latest iOS
Daniel2silver
Tutor
Tutor
Experiencing the same thing. We bought our Arlo baby this week and the audio has been shutting off every 10-15 min
Mattjkilo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you tried turning ‘background refresh’ off in the Apple settings of the Arlo app?

They put it forward as a solution for me but still didn’t work.

Does it work fine on your wife’s phone then?
Daniel2silver
Tutor
Tutor
Thx for the suggestion but not working still.
swinguy
Guide
Guide
Same problem here, the background audio stops after a few minutes, even though the UI on the locked screen still pretends it’s working (the Stop button is displayed). So this is slightly different than the issue we had a couple of months ago. But equally painfully annoying.

@Arlo team, when will you start releasing updates that don’t turn your products into useless bricks, and your customers into stressed parents and angry buyers? That his kind of bugs still happen is beyond my understanding. Your products are the least reliable I know, despite their price.
Do we have to spend hours on social networks to insult you so you can start doing a proper job?

For info, I have the issue on an iPad Mini, an iPad Pro 11’’, an iPhone 7 and an iPhone X. So I can safely conclude that your latest « great new update » (whether 2.7.0 or 2.7.1) was just utter crap.
Mattjkilo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I feel your pain brother. I’ve made a new feed tackling this problem directly - apparently they don’t recognise the issue you and I are currently feeling.

Does you always listening only work when the head has the speaker next to it too? Ie the opposite to what they say it should be (with the x next to it instead).

If you call them up refer to this feed - it doesn’t seem they see this as an issue.
ioanadumitrescu
Initiate
Initiate
Wow, so disappointed by this app. I’m not sure if the “Always Listening” mode shuts off after a certain amount of time or when the phone’s mic is used by a different app. We are co-sleepers, so that’s probably why I’m not furious at this point, as I wouldn’t know what to do if I had to rely on this app during the night while I sleep and the baby is in another room. However, I have reached my limit of upset this evening when after putting my baby to sleep, I left the bedroom, had the app on, had the “Always Listening” on and an hour later, I heard what sounded like a muffled sound of a baby crying, only to discover it was in fact my baby that was crying, so hard that he in fact almost lost his voice (not an expression, his voice is hoarse now), who knows for how long, since the app DID NOT do its job. I am very upset and seriously considering buying a different baby camera. And yes, I did delete and reinstalled the app on my phone (iPhone 7, iOS 12.1.2) and so did my husband on his phone (iPhone X S, iOS 12.1.2) and obviously, that didn’t help.