Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
redbeardjake
Initiate
Initiate

Are there any future plans to have the app show the baby monitor feed right after sign in? I hate having to hit the "Live" button because it delays getting to the already delayed live feed.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you know the Arlo Baby camera recently launched, bringing baby monitors to the next level with HD streaming, advanced night vision, temperature/humidity/air quality sensors and more. It has come to our attention that several users have experienced some lag or delay when live streaming the camera. The best way to improve streaming responsiveness is to make sure you are streaming from a mobile device that is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Baby camera. If you are streaming from a mobile device that is on a different network, the video stream is sent to the cloud first before it reaches your playback device, which may increase the latency.

We are actively investigating all the performance characteristics in the wild and we are going to continuously put in enhancements to optimize your experience with Arlo Baby. Please feel free to reach out to our team at Arlo Support if you have a question or are experiencing issues with Arlo Baby.

Please see our Knowledge Base article with more details on how to setup your network for the Arlo Baby to optimize your viewing experience. As we get more information we will be updating the article with additional details.https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-reduce-video-streaming-lag-or-delays-...

redbeardjake
Initiate
Initiate
Hey James,

Judging by your response, I'm assuming various individuals have the same feedback. I have 300mbps download speed via wifi on a cell phone exactly next to my Arlo Baby. I only utilize the Arlo app when on the same network and still experience the latency issues. What is the return policy on this product incase Arlo doesn't address the latency issues?
stephenk503
Tutor
Tutor

I agree.  Loading straight into a live feed is an absolute must for a cam marketed as a baby monitor.  Competitors, that aren't even marketed as baby monitors, do this and is super convenient.

kevin4
Apprentice
Apprentice

This would be a nice for "regular" wireless arlos too.  Please add an option so we can decide if we want to see the live stream automatically rather than hitting play on each camera individually.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation