Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
oonline
Guide
Guide

So I just bought the Arlo Baby Monitor off Amazon and set it up today. It's great but I can't seem to get a video stream unless I'm on the same Wifi network. When I'm out and use LTE, it keeps telling me it cannot establish a connection to the media server. 
I've tried restarting the camera, restting it, readding it to my iphone and nothing works. Firmware is up to date.

This is plain ridiculous Netgear, I just paid so much money for a thing that doesn't work.

My wifi connection is rock solid btw so don't even try blaming it on the wifi.

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

what phone/os and service?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
oonline
Guide
Guide

iPhone X. iOS 11.4. I'm in Singapore with Singtel

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the wifi.... seems more like LTE service issue.  But then arlo has have a few issues with the newer phones/os.

I'd send a trouble complaint to Netgear Support and seee if they have any ideas...

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Morse is faster than texting!
oonline
Guide
Guide

What could be wrong with my LTE? everything is working great on my phone except for this app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@oonline wrote:

So I just bought the Arlo Baby Monitor off Amazon and set it up today. It's great but I can't seem to get a video stream unless I'm on the same Wifi network. When I'm out and use LTE, it keeps telling me it cannot establish a connection to the media server. 
I've tried restarting the camera, restting it, readding it to my iphone and nothing works. Firmware is up to date.

This is plain ridiculous Netgear, I just paid so much money for a thing that doesn't work.

My wifi connection is rock solid btw so don't even try blaming it on the wifi.

So, it works on your WiFi just fine but not LTE? Why on earth would we even be talking about how rock solid your WiFi is?

If it doesn't work on LTE, it's something about that connection - talk to your provider.

oonline
Guide
Guide
Because I know someone’s gonna blame my WiFi like you’re blaming my LTE connection. Both work fine..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it works at all, it's not a Netgear issue. Your connection either goes through or it doesn't. It works on your WiFi so the app connection to the server works. You switch to LTE and it breaks so "obviously" it's a Netgear problem? There's no rationale there.

oonline
Guide
Guide
let me know when you’d like to get off your high horse and actually help out.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both feet on the ground. We can't help since it's not a Netgear problem.

oonline
Guide
Guide
So tell me if it’s not a netgear problem, why do I have to be connected to the same WiFi network for the stream to work? I can’t even be on a diff home network like 2.4/5ghz.

Everything else on my WiFi works perfect, except this. So I’m leaning towards it being a netgear problem
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oonline,

The stream should work on both the same WIFi network and outside networks. It sounds like something on the outside networks is blocking the connection if you're able to stream with no issue on your own network. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation