Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stand alone Arlo Baby on LAN with no internet?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OneRob
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear Moderator, So I'm trying to understand. If I had a LAN without an internet connection. The app would connect to the ARLO BABY and stream directly from the device. As it wouldn't say if you were not at home CONNECTED to your WiFi connection. Which I know you need to have internet with your WiFi to view it remotely. But just trying verify it could be view on a LAN with no internet? I also understand with no internet some features probably wouldn't work. Thanks in advance for a reply
3 REPLIES 3
OneRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

OneRob
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nevermind, it's returned due to poor design.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OneRob,

Please tell us more about the design issue you were experiencing. The feedback would be appreciated.

Streaming over your local wireless network significantly reduces latency when your streaming device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Baby camera. Data from your Arlo Baby is sent to your router and then directly to the streaming device, instead of going up to the cloud first. This feature requires an Internet connection for both the camera and your computer or mobile device.

The Arlo Baby touchscreen display allows the Arlo Baby camera to be used offline, without the need for an internet connection. You can find more information on the touchscreen display here: Arlo Baby 7" Touchscreen Display (ABD1000)

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation