Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions/Comparison between Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
auhansokl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have 2 Arlo Pro and 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and looking to purchase additional cameras but have a few questions:

1) Does the Arlo Baby Camera have background audio? If so, is this camera the only Arlo camera that can do background audio?

2) Does the Arlo Baby Camera require a basestation? If so, can it be used with the basestation that comes with Arlo Pro/Pro2 cameras?

3) Does the Arlo Go Camera work with Wifi as well? I love the idea of taking the camera with me and using it with LTE but while at home, I don't want to stay on LTE when my home wifi is avaialble. I'm hoping this is possible. If so, does the Arlo Go camera pair with an existing base station?

Thanks to any help or feedback I receive! I really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, Yes

2) No, but it will appear as another camera in the app/web ( one of the total for service level )

3) No, the GO camera is purely cellular, ( tho you can access it on your phone using wifi, all goes to the cloud via cell )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, Yes

2) No, but it will appear as another camera in the app/web ( one of the total for service level )

3) No, the GO camera is purely cellular, ( tho you can access it on your phone using wifi, all goes to the cloud via cell )

auhansokl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac wrote:

1) Yes, Yes

Thank you so much for the quick response! 

1) I figured as much but wish the other cameras had background audio. Maybe one day

2) That's great since I would be able to see it with all my other cameras under the same account!

3) That's great! A couple additional questions for the Go Camera:

- Would the Go Camera show in the Arlo app with all my other Cameras?

- I'm assuming the Go Camera has similar features to the Arlo Pro cameras such as motion detection, etc. Is that correct?

- How well does the Go Camera work on LTE? Video/Audio clairty, quality, smoothness etc?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm really torn on what to purchase. I love the idea of the Go Camera and have the AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan so shouldn't have to worry about that. My decision would be easy if there was background audio with all Arlo cameras or if at least it was in the plans. I'm torn between the Arlo Baby camera and the Arlo Go.

Thanks again in advance for any additional feedback/help!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Would the Go Camera show in the Arlo app with all my other Cameras?

- I'm assuming the Go Camera has similar features to the Arlo Pro cameras such as motion detection, etc. Is that correct?

- How well does the Go Camera work on LTE? Video/Audio clairty, quality, smoothness etc?

Yes it will and yes to the first question,... the Go is like the Pro on cellular , but also has a slot for a mem card... Also the battery is larger so the Pro's battery does not fit.

How well the LTE work depends on placement with a good cell signal.  Other than that sort of works the same.  I tested a Verizon unit and had no major issues

It all comes down to the usage for the camera...

I find the best one overall to be the Q camera for me... It has 1080, and works on pixel detection so trigger respond is quicker and at a longer distance compared to the Pro/Pro2/Go. ( it works thru glass, where PIR does not )

Also the Q has the 3 second look back feature ( pro2 does also when plugged in ).  Downside is it must be powered on ac.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation