Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting any picture on Arlo Baby when on home network

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Solosheep
Guide
Guide

Hello

I’m getting quite concerned that I’m not getting any picture from my Arlo baby. This only happens when it’s on its home network. When the little house appears next to the red live dot.

I have a workaround at the moment when I’m now using Apple HomeKit. But this is a concern as to why it’s not working when on my home WiFi.

If I switch my phone to 4G I get a picture every time. So I’m
Not sure what the issue might be.

I have reset the baby, re-installed the app still the same issue.

Any ideas

26 REPLIES 26
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Solosheep,

We released a new version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 3.5.10. Try updating to the latest version of the app and see if that helps.

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
I’m on the latest version I know it’s not the app it could have been a token issue. As this was reset. Would be good to allow customers to do this.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you saying that you're still experiencing the issue or your issue has been resolved after the token reset?

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Hello

The issue with Alro Baby is still present but not as bad as before. The issue is mostly noticed when we try to log at the same or shortly after another person is on or has come off the stream and on the same network.

This did not happen before.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you mention "picture", are you referring to live stream or the recording/image from your library?

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
I’m referring to the live stream. The recordings still populate
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. The Arlo development team is investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we receive more information from the team.

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
I have screen shots but the website won’t let me upload them as they are PNG
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Issue still being looked into
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any pending firmware updates for your router? 

Can check if it's related to wifi congestion by moving the camera near the router. Also, can you try a 5GHz channel if you haven't already.

Thank you

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Hello

No pending firmware updates. The camera is one floor above the main router it also has an access point in the same room as the camera.

I have tried the camera next to the router but I had the same results.

The wifi I have sends out duel channels on the same SSID so if it can pick up the 5GHZ it would be doing this. However I thought Arlo is only on 2.4 for baby.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Solosheep

The Arlo baby camera is 5Gz compatible.

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
If it is 5GHZ compatible then it is using that signal as it on a duel band.

In the same room I have a an Arlo Q also not using the base station and had no issues with this so I know it’s not the network setup.
cemeyer3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ran into the same thing. So far, the only thing I have been able to do to make arlo stable was to put the baby cams on their own SSID on a separate VLAN so the app on my phone thinks they are not local. It seems like the arlo baby cam local streaming is broken and has been for at least a few months (including app and firmware upgrades), which is why switching to mobile data seems to be a workaround

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Solosheep

Are you able to separate the bands to a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band then try and connect the baby cam to 5Ghz or 2.4 if you  want. Make sure your phone is connected to that same band as well when onboarding the Baby camera. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Yes still experiencing the issue but not as regularly. Have a Arlo made any changes?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Solosheep

Are you able to separate the bands to a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band then try and connect the baby cam to 5Ghz or 2.4 if you  want. Make sure your phone is connected to that same band as well when onboarding the Baby camera. 

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Yes sadly I’ve done this but no difference. In fact for a few weeks it was working again no problem and has now reverted back to the original issue.
Solosheep
Guide
Guide
Do you have a link for instructions on how to do this? For a while it was working again but has now stopped.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Solosheep

When setting up the camera, just make sure your device is connected to either the 5ghz band or 2.4ghz band on your network. Then make sure to add the proper credentials/PW when onboarding. 

Solosheep
Guide
Guide
I have done this and it’s not that which is affecting the camera. I’m just going to have to live with it I guess. Others have commented on this thread how this is affecting them too so no fix from Arlo?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Solosheep

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Is this via HomeKit or the Arlo app? 

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation