Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tishje
Aspirant
Aspirant
When starting the ios app, the app gives a message that a firmware update is available. But when performing the task, after a few seconds i'm able to monitor again. everytime when I closing the app and reopening it again, i'm getting the same task over and over. Why isn't the Arlo Baby updating to the new firmware?
6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tishje,

Are you manually updating the firmware? What firmware is your Arlo Baby currently on? The firmware update should automatically happen between 3-5 am as long as the camera is powered on and has at least 15% battery. 

Otherwise, you can try to reboot the camera and the new update should push through soon. Try to pull the power plug and have the battery power toggled off & on the bottom of the unit. 

Tishje
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I'm forced to do the update when I launch the ios app. Every time that I want to use the app.
The Babyfoon is always charging. I also turned off the motion function.
I tried manually updating the firmware and also i tried to reset the Arlo by: unplugging the babyfoon and draining the battery, then turning if off with the switch and then plugging the babyfoon back in, after 5 min then turning is back on with the switch.
Please see the screenshot of the firmware version
Osk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’m suffering the same loss of service.

I’ve tried everything support have to offer, restarting from app, factory resetting and adding as a new device, power cycling, manually installing firmware, all of which have been tried numerous times.

The new firmware simply will not install. There will have to be some progress very soon or mine will be getting returned as it is completely unreliable in its current state.

I’ll stay tuned here and hopefully someone offers another method. Any help much appreciated.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

IronWolf1224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Did you get resolution?  I have prob spent 2 hours total on hold without talking to anyone. Support just flat out left the chat when it was my turn. People who have babies can’t spend hours on hold.  So frustrating.

Osk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did get a solution, which was to have EE(who I bought it from) send me a new one, which only took about 4 attempts to update the firmware. Arlo were no use whatsoever, I genuinely spent a month going back and forth being told to power cycle and reset and remove and re-add and do this and do that. Then the best they could offer was a refurbished replacement for a product that is 5 months old. Not good enough.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation