Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New account with grant access and no devices

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

i have issue with grant access for my wife( iphone 15 with new looking arlo app with feed and no library). From my app(Iphone 12) i was given grant access to Arlo go, Arlo baby and Arlo Base to wife, and say accessible ( or accepted). After she pushed “get invitation” on email, we could not see any device but notifications about movement come to her phone. Need help to fix! P.S. trick with Add Arlo Pro5S not working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Staska wrote:

How migrate to Feed?

Go into "add devices" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  You don't need to actually have the camera.  While you can't complete the installation, the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed" before you get stuck.  Once you migrate, you cannot go back to "Library".

There are some issues with Feed.   One is that it doesn't have custom modes.  There are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby) that you can edit.  But you can't add any more.

Another problem is that you can't get geofencing+scheduling to completely work - so there are situations where you need to manually change the system mode.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Staska wrote:

P.S. trick with Add Arlo Pro5S not working

Do both accounts show "Feed"?  Or does one show "Library" instead?

Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my Iphone app ( old one about three years, original) show library, for wife Iphone ( today installed Arlo app, grant access  ) Feed. Both app have last update ( 4.13  in app when you open About)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Staska wrote:

In my Iphone app ( old one about three years, original) show library, for wife Iphone ( today installed Arlo app, grant access  ) Feed.

Then your account needs to be migrated to "Feed" before she will be able to see the shared cameras in her account.

Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant

How migrate to Feed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Staska wrote:

How migrate to Feed?

Go into "add devices" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  You don't need to actually have the camera.  While you can't complete the installation, the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed" before you get stuck.  Once you migrate, you cannot go back to "Library".

There are some issues with Feed.   One is that it doesn't have custom modes.  There are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby) that you can edit.  But you can't add any more.

Another problem is that you can't get geofencing+scheduling to completely work - so there are situations where you need to manually change the system mode.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation