Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alpineopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

So today I got a new Arlo baby monitor the model number is ABC1000 and I cant get it to download the new firmware update that it needs to work, in the camera view on my computer it reads, " A firmware update is required for this camera, but its battery levels are too low to proceed - please connect arlo baby to a power source" I have had it connected to a power source all day and switched the battery to be on, but even after hours of being connected to constant power with the battery switch on I still get the same message and cannot download the update.

Is there something I'm missing here? And can it now download the update even if the camera is plugged into an outlet?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a reset of the Ababy?

hold in the reset for about ten secs till the front led flashes....then set up again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
alpineopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset it at the device and from the pc and no luck, I keep getting the same message about the battery being to low to perform the update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset involves using the reset button, not turning power off and on. Try that.

alpineopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh my bad when I said I reset it at the device thats what I meant, I hit the reset button unfortunately no luck. I'm either missing something really obvious or I think I'll be returning this thing, after resetting it by hitting the actual reset button and leaving it plugged in over night I'm still getting the same issue, its telling me the battery is too low to perform the update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alpineopp,

Try switching the battery power off using the switch underneath the feet of the camera. Do you still get the same error when trying to update with the camera plugged in using AC power?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation