Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since I installed the new app, at least once a day I can't connect via the app on any device.

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @fraszle

Can you provide a little more detail regarding this issue? are your cameras offline, app saying getting status (loading to long)?

fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

At least once a day when trying to use the app to monitor my the camera it will not connect. I have the Arlo Baby, so essentially when we use the app as to monitor our baby, it does not work at all. It will randomlly come back online, maybe after a few hours, maybe not at all until I restart the device. The problem is, that when I need to monitor my baby and it does not work, the device is useless to me and I am not about to go in and troubleshoot the device when my baby is sleeping.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try to contact tech suppport - However when I wrote this message, Phone support is not avaiable becuase my device is older then 90 days and chat support was not connecting. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you happen to try the link I provided above?

fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a joke right? Did I try the link? When all else failed I came to the community. Even trying the link to chat now I am told "Live Chat is not available". 

So basically I have an Arlo Baby Monitor that I can't use be the only way to monitor, through the app and it just spins while trying to connect then never does. I did restart the device and it did connect, but that is a pretty ineffective solution for a sleeping baby and all of a suddent the app stops working. 

And what I haven't yet shared is that I can not get the app to even accept the camera on my wife's phone. Factory reset of the camera, reinstallation of the app - and it will not connect. Just one more faulty, overly complicated aspect of these cameras. 

image (4).png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@fraszle

I see you were able to open a case # "41118148". Please let me know if you have any further questions & I will be here to assist you.

kbradbury122
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same exact issue. This started when I installed the new app. I had very few connection issues prior to this. As you stated, it is happening while my baby is sleeping so it is impossible to troubleshoot in the moment. He is only down the hall from us but I hate being in the dark for an entire night for no good reason. Sometimes it just requires me to go in and unplug the device and other times I have to completely reconfigure the wifi. Our signal is strong and it is definitely not a WiFi issue. I currently have a case open with the company, however they are not here tonight to help me make sure my baby is fine while he sleeps, or tomorrow when it is bound to disconnect when he is napping. I have tried everything to fix the issue on my own and it continues to happen. Unfortunately I purchased this from Costco and they have a 90 day return policy on electronics otherwise at this point I would be in line to return it. I hope this is just a temporary software glitch.....as I am starting to lose my mama patience.

fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did finally got through to support and opened a case. I classic support style, the troubleshooting methods were to restart my device. We all know that will solve almost any issue, however the problem is unique with the Arlo baby. Since it is a baby monitor, it is not in use all the time, only when it's needed. And when it's needed, that means my child is sleeping. So when I then discover that it is not connecting - restarting is not any option. So a restart is NOT a solution. I have had on and off issues with this for over a year, only to be more frequent with the new app. And in this time I have yet to get anyone to get me a good solution. 

fraszle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have an open case - a case that had to be re-opened despite asking not to close due to the ongoing situation. 

I am continuing to have this same problem. Multiple times a week I go to log in to the app and the status is "Connecting" but never connects. This happens on my phone app, my Fire tablet and through the web. Why does my Arlo baby CONTINUEALLY get disconnected? I will say again, this device is a Baby Monitor, which is 100% unreliable in it's core function and always has been. This sits 10 feet from my router, is plugged 100% of the time (never battery) and fails at least once a week. The ONLY technical solution I've been given is to restart - which obviously works but is NOT a practical solution. Even as I sit here, I put my child to bed and by I come to check the monitor, surprise surprise, it is offline. Now I have a sleeping child and I can't restart it. Defeats the purpose of the device. Waste of the $200 I spent a year and half ago. Please tell me that someone has some kind of fix for this.

Peden3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, after downloading the new app, camera will display the purple light indicating a connection issue. At times I can view the camera through HomeKit but not through Arlo app which makes no sense to me. Currently the reliably of the baby camera is now becoming a safety issue. Unfortunately I can’t return it so I would like to try and fix it but I have tried removing device. Uninstalling app. Power off and on. Pretty much everything and when I go to arlo app, it says “your device is not connected” however when I go to my ATT smarthome app that shows which devices are connected to my WIFI the Arlo baby camera shows up. That leads me to believe it is a serious flaw in the camera. I’m giving it another week and then unfortunately purchasing something else.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Peden3

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Peden3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have. The list of trouble shooting methods I had already tried. I think I found a solution. Rather advanced but something you guys could look into. It seems like other people have a similar issue so maybe my fix can help them. I simply went into my router and disable IPv6. I have AT&T uVerse and apparently they have a problem with using IPv6. I disabled it last night when the camera was showing not connected to internet, it seemed to immediately remedy the problem. For some reason the connectivity issues always show up at night around 2300, so I will see tonight if the IPv6 disabling does the trick.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation