Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There, 

I can live view, however when I press the manual record button, it shows as recording, however there is no way to stop the recording, so I exit the live view and enter again, and I see no manual recorded file on the cloud. Why is this?

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @isidrology

I was not able to replicate this issue, please make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app.

isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm always on the latest app version.. 

I can uninstall and install again and see waht happens. 

But how do you stop the video?

My manual recordings always stop at random times, is there a limit to this manual recording? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you want to stop a manual recording, you should be able to press the red manual button again and it will stop and save to your library.

I have a few questions for you

• Which Arlo app is this occurring on (Android/iOS?
  • What is the version of the mobile app?
  • Does this occur on the web browser as well?
  • which cameras does this issue occur with?

Thank you!

isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

what happens if I exit out of the app before I press the button again to stop? does it not save the file?

V3.1_28345

only test with arlo baby, haven't tried with pro 2 yet. 

previously when i try with the pro 2s it will auto stop at random times, is there a max length of video you can manually record? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Q. What happens if I exit out of the app before I press the button again to stop? does it not save the file?

A. Yes, the recording should automatically save if you happen to close the app after initiating a manual recording. 

The manual recording length should be capable of up to 30 minutes.

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doesnt smee like it.

Just tested again. Manual record. Pull down another screen, returned to arlo, it stopped recording.

Manual recording. Exit app, reenter app, recording stopped again.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@isidrology wrote:

Manual recording. Exit app, reenter app, recording stopped again.

I don't have the Arlo Baby, but with other Arlo cameras you need to keep the app open while making a manual recording.

isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't tested the other ones. but tried to manually again on the baby last night. trying to catch the little one singing.. 

and i all i got was 2 seconds of recording.. when the app was still open. I couldn't even stop the recording because of some error. 

basically manual recording on the baby is useless..

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation