Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live feed delay and poor quality on Pixel 2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rsena
Tutor
Tutor

Bought the Arlo baby and am having issues with the live stream. The live video stream to my Pixel 2 phone is always choppy as well as can have up to a 30 second delay. As seen on other posts, I do not have bluetooth turned on and the feed is still choppy. I have tried the ever famous turning it off and on again and that doesnt seem to help the issue either. 

My internet specs are 60Mbps up and 5 Mbps down. I have tried connecting it to both the 2.4 and 5 ghz band with no difference in quality. Off of local internet, using mobile network(Verison), the feed is clear, with about a 3 second delay(which is to be expected routing through Arlo servers). I have even moved the Arlo unit to sit within 1 foot of the wifi router, and there is no difference in live stream quality.

I have attached what I normally see. It will stay like that for a few seconds, get clear for a moment, then return to having a choppy feed.

Recorded video clips are crystal clear. Opening the feed on the PC in a web browser is also clear. I have downloaded the Arlo app on my Kindle Fire HD8 and that live feed is also clear. Only on the phone do I have an issue when trying to view the live feed.

According to the box:

Model number: ABK1110C

According to the app:

Firmware for the Arlo baby is: 1.9.3.0_791
Hardware: 6.

According to the Google Play Store:

The version of the app: 2.7.12_25660.

Accoding to my phone:

Android version: 9

Security Patch Level: July 5, 2019

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rsena

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 40998892

rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you.
jimihendrix1979
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife also has the Google pixel 2 phone and is experiencing the same issue with the live feed via the app. (Grainy and glitching)
She is also experiencing connection problems when trying to connect the feed using the wifi which is at full signal. If/and when it connects to wifi after many long attempts the live feed can freeze through the night leaving us again at square one. however she has no issues when the wifi settings on her phone is switched off and she uses her mobile data to connect it comes through straight away
Any help would be appreciated
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jimihendrix1979

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Spoke with the tech. I was asked to change my wifi settings from dhcp to static. Then add google's dns to the dns1 and dns2 fields. That seemed to work at the time. However the issue is present. Will reach back out to the tech for additional support just want to update this in case that work around helps someone else.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation