Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby 'Always On' Viewing Mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mloz
Follower
Follower

When I purchased the Arlo Baby on Amazon a review stated that there was an 'always on' feature that could be used on a kindle fire tablet.  From my understanding this makes it similar to a traditional baby monitor that is on until manually shut off.  I have Googled how to do this with no luck.  Can anyone help with this?  I know about the 'always listening' mode, I haven't tested that feature yet but will soon.  Thanks in advance.

-mloz

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The baby has an "instant on" feature... that the startup of the app and the camera is auto viewing live.

It also has the "always on" feature that leaves the audio on even when the phone screen goes off.

Both are settable in settings.... not aware of any  viewing features,...

tho yes, the screen and baby view would stay on as long as the app / device is running

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SEF99
Guide
Guide

If you are using an amazon tablet then you can download an app from the google play store called "keep screen on free".  The settings in this app allow the tablet to stay on until YOU either turn it off or close the case.  I use it for my Arlobaby/Fire HD 8 tablet and have had no issues with the tablet staying on for an entire evening assuming the battery doesn't die, but I keep it plugged into the charger when I go to sleep.

Now with the camera itself and how it functions, that's a different story as far as issues...

Hope this helps 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation