Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kindle Fire Issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jguy432
Tutor
Tutor

I took Netgear up on the Kindle Fire option for the lack of a dedicated viewer for the Arlo Baby.  I've installed the Arlo Alexa skill.  Each time I try to pull up the Arlo Baby camera using the Alexa skill, the tablet gets stuck on a "Waiting for Netgear" screen and eventually seems to crash and close.  So,  it seems like Netgear's solution to not having the dedicated monitor tablet does not even work for what it is supposed to do.  My wife and I are fine using our phones for the Arlo monitor, but we really want to be able to provide a tablet or other device not connected to our text/email/etc. accounts to babysitters and family to monitor if we are not home.  

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguy432,

Consider rediscovering your Arlo Baby. Do you still experiencing the same behavior?

Take a look here for more information on this process: How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does it work if you manually open the app? It should open with quickstream enabled to automatically show the live feed. Just trying to see if it's a Netgear thing or an Alexa thing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation