Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Djedjeridoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

According to this page : https://kb.arlo.com/1202091/What-new-features-does-Arlo-Baby-offer

The Arlo Baby can stream the video over local network.

Is this feature works if my router is not connected to internet ?

(but of course, the wifi is on and the local network is functionnal, the phone and the camera are connected to the wifi... just the internet connexion is ko)

Thanks a lot.

Dje 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if over local wifi system, the video feed delay is almost null...

it still requires connection to the internet tho

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Djedjeridoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks.

So let's admit that the internet works. I turn on the camera, and I'm in local wifi. Then comes an internet break, does local streaming still work?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Djedjeridoo,

-Streaming over local wireless network. Streaming over your local wireless network significantly reduces latency when your streaming device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Baby camera. Data from your Arlo Baby is sent to your router and then directly to the streaming device, instead of going up to the cloud first. This feature requires an Internet connection for both the camera and your computer or mobile device.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
Is there any reason why local access is not implemented for the Pro or Pro2? This would solve the lag problem in accessing your servers. when remote access is not required.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation