Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

I have disabled email notifications and don’t receive them for audio and movement. But I do still  get them for air, humidity and temp. Where do I disable those? I do still want to get push notifications on them. 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do this on web ...it is easy...

From the main view screen, click on the graph bar icon.... pick any one air/hum/temp and the box pops up on screen with graph displays ...upper right side is EDIT...toggle off the notifacations here

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

Hi @TomMac, I tried that. But when I check back in the iOS app (in the same spot), notifications are now disabled there too. And when I re-enable it in the app, it gets re-enabled on the web. So this suggests it is the same toggle. So why do I need to go on the web?

This is all very confusing. Why is it so hard to keep push notifications enabled and email notifications disabled? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The reason why is only due to the fact

1) I don't use iOS, I use android and wanted to show you exactly where it was

2) sometimes the web access is much more stable and in the apps it doesn't always work 100%

This alert only turns off the air quality alerts... the other for motion/etc are actually toggled on - off in the modes

Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

Both in iOS and the web, there’s no distinction between mail and push notifications at the settings you described.

For instance, in the settings for motion/audio I can enable/disable both separately. I have disabled email there but that does not affect air quality notifications.

So it’s still unclear where I can disable email but keep push notifications enabled for air.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Email is disabled in the MODES ( and regular alert pushes )

The air alert pushes are toggled only in the air graph edit screen

CaptureA.JPGCaptureB.JPG

Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

As i just wrote, I disabled email alerts under MODES.

Still, I get tons of emails regarding air quality. 

And if I disable notifications under air, I don’t get push notifications (which I still want)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide
I just did. Apparently there’s no way to disable email without also disabling push notifications.

Arlo thinks we should wake up and deal with dozens of push notifications and emails every day 😉
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation