Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cancarlo
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

is there a way to avoid receiving emails but still get push notifications for temperature/humidity/air quality? It seems to be all-or-nothing option, contrary to audio and motion detection settings.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you EDIT the mode for monitoring, you can toggle (on & off) pushes and emails , your choice; both on, one on , or none

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cancarlo
Tutor
Tutor

That's only for audio/vido monitoring (which I'm not even using at the moment and it's anyway set for push notifications only). For the environmental sensors it's either both or none, it seems. Is there anything I'm missing?

Shinseon
Initiate
Initiate

The question was about turning off email notifications for environmental sensors while maintaining normal push notifications.

The question you have answered is how to do that for motion/audio notifications. The solution you provied does not work with envirionmental (temp/air/humid) notifications.

Please read the question again and provide the correct answer, or just delete the incorrect answer. 

Jebaroo
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue with my baby monitor. It has temp and humidity notifications. I do like the push notifications because I can quickly make adjustments to the thermostat. That said, my inbox is utterly flooded with emails from the device. There was a recommendationt o turn off the email alerts in the "Mode" section but it didn't do the trick, I guess that is just for situations where it detects movement or sound.

My solution? Mark the email as Spam, because it is. If Arlo/Netgrear is serious about keeping their email reputation in your inbox, they will make the adjustment in the app to let you control this. Until they do, their email reputation can suffer.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation