Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

two questions:

1) is it normal for the baby monitor only to show a refreshed image every 10 seconds when you first launch Homekit?

Ideally, when I open homekit through Siri, i'd like it to automatically start a live feed without me having to tap on the image.

Yes, feel free to call me lazy, I know this is a typical first world problem, but thought if anybody might know of a way to change the setting so it automatically launches a live feed.

2)

I added my wife's account to my Arlo and granted her edit permissions. While I can add the baby monitor to the Homekit on my own iphone, I am unable to do so on her iPad. With her iPad I scan the homekit set up code, and then it just spins continuously while trying to Add Accessory.

2 REPLIES 2
SammyNZ
Star
Star

1. It's perfectly normal and a default setting that at this time can't be changed. Consider what happens if you have several camera's as favourites. Trying to real-time stream all at once will cause less than stellar performance, currently you get a quick snapshot at the current time which then refreshes every 10 seconds. It's up to you to choose which stream to full screen stream.

2. If you've already added it to HomeKit then it should be available to everyone who is "connected" to the home.

You cannot add it again on another phone.

What you may be looking at in inviting your wife to the current Home in Homekit. Tap the little home icon in the Home app and invite her.

If you're just using the Arlo app on her iPad then she just needs to log in with her account (her email that you granted permissions to) and the camera should appear automatically.

numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

thanks, it's my first device on Homekit and I didn't realise I had to invite her, I wrongly assumed she could set up the same camera on her own device. All sorted now.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation