Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another new issue.  We fix one thing and break another.  Life with Arlo Baby.

So after having background audio streaming thankfully restored, I've noticed a new issue.  When I stream audio in the background for some indeterminate period of time, if I open the Arlo app to check the video feed (let's say in response to hearing something over the audio feed), the iOS app appears to load a second audio stream to go along with the video stream.  This results in the old background audio stream playing along with the new audio/video stream which all sounds like two versions of the audio playing slightly out of sync.

If I stop the video/audio feed, I will still hear background audio from the original background audio stream.  If I force close the app (multitasking pane, swipe up), this closes app, but the original background audio feed continues for a few moments.  It is very hard to know when this error occurs.  If I load the background audio and go back into the Arlo app after only a short period of time (while using the phone without having ever locked the device), no new audio stream will load, so the sound will remain clear and in-sync.

This never happened prior to the 2.6.1 fix of the 2.6 debacle.  I'm so tired of the remarkably terrible software design of this app with the Arlo Baby.  I've said it so many times, I feel like my throat is sore. This feels like we're testing the Alpha build of the software...

I can't imagine that I'm the only one experiencing this issue, but please let me know if I'm alone.

Additional information:

iPhone X and iPad Air 2 (iOS 12.0.1)

Arlo Baby Firmware 1.8.6.2_22781

29 REPLIES 29
chiefmongo
Guide
Guide

Do we have an update on this issue?  Has the development team acknowledged the issue and if so, there is an ETA on when it’ll be worked on?

shoplifter
Guide
Guide
I hadn't gotten it in a while, it to have it pop up in the middle of the night again last night.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
No fix that I know of. Arlo Support doesn’t appear to work on bugs, they open cases and act surprised to hear about an issue that you discussed with them over 6 months ago and then don’t work on a fix. See also pixelation over WiFi issue, HomeKit “someone else is viewing” bug, etc.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems like this issue was fixed with the latest iOS update for the native Arlo app.  I'm running 2.7.9 (90) dated 5/20/19, and the background audio issue described in this thread is no longer occurring; I'm able to open the videofeed after enabling "Always Listening" and it does not reload the audio stream. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

chiefmongo
Guide
Guide
The latest update fixed this for me! I’ve had the background audio on for over an hour and was able to pull up the video without it starting another stream. 🎉🎉🎉
Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation