Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dedicated monitor for Arlo Baby- New purchase

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kumars
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

We recently purchased an Arlo Baby after much research. We wanted something with a dedicated monitor but went the Arlo way for its various features that we like. We bought a Google Home Hub so we can use that as a monitor. However, the connection is so finicky. The App on the phone works fine but it is hard to get Google Hub to connect. We need a dedicated monitor. We are trying to  decide if we should keep the Arlo Baby or just return it for something that has a dedicated monitor.

Is there a tablet that you would recommend for the purpose that has good connectivity. It would be preferable if it was a Google Assistant  or Andriod based device. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kumars,

When using the Arlo mobile app with a tablet or mobile phone, it uses local connection if the device is on the same network as the Arlo Baby. This reduces the likelihood of interruption in the stream. For more information, take a look here: How can I reduce video streaming lag or delays when viewing my Arlo Baby camera?

JamesC

Kumars
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both phone and Google hub are on the same network as is the arlo baby. The phone connects via arlo android app. The Google hub connects on and off. Are there known connectivity issues between Google hub and arlo baby? Is there a better android monitor i.e. tablet which is Google compatible for arlo baby?
MrMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same experience with the Google Home Hub. Very Frequent disconnects. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation