Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RoGi01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

A few weeks ago we decided to get an Arlo Baby monitor and for the most part it´s been working as expected.

But there is a really annoying issue that I can´t solve. When connecting to the baby monitor via a web browser, it kind of works. Normally I can stay connected for about 1h, if I´m lucky it might work for about 2h. After that, the connection issues starts, "Connection lost", Trying to reconnect" and "Connection failed" and the kicker is that this ONLY works after I have power cycled the Baby monitor. If I leave the Baby monitor on all day, I´m not able to connect via a web browser at all.

Another issue is, that if I power cycle the baby monitor every night, I never get the correct reading for temp, humidity and air quality, as it needs about 24h to calibrate.

My main focus here is to have a stable and reliable baby monitor that I can trust and use for more then 1-2h.

Using the iOS app is working as expected, both connected via WiFi and 4G (LTE), without having to power cycle the baby monitor. My issue only occurs when using the Flash based web interface.

Any suggestions? I´m tired of having to mess around with the baby monitor when the baby is finally asleep.

System info:

Client: Windows 10 (1909 with all the latest updates)

Browser: Firefox 73.0.1 (64 bit)

Baby Monitor:

Hardware: 6

Firmware: 1.9.9.0_808

Network:

Connection: Fiber 100/100mbit

Router: Asus RT-AC87U, with the latest firmware

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it’s working fine via the app, try a different browser to try and narrow down the problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RoGi01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @TomMac 

Thank you for your quick reply, 

This issue is that the site is still using Flash and I remember browsing this forum, just to find one browser that would run the camera dashboard. But sure, I will try with Chrome, IE and Edge and see if that makes any difference. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RoGi01 wrote:

But sure, I will try with Chrome, IE and Edge and see if that makes any difference. 

With Chrome, click on the padlock in the address bar before you log in.  You'll see a popup that lets you enable Flash.  After you do that, it will reload the page and you log in normally.

Flash will be enabled until you close the browser.

Morb
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like a login problem. I have had similar problems for several days. I have to click log in and refresh button several times to log in. Not to mention the freezing of the preview or a big delay from time to time. In a few days I intend to cancel my CVR and premiere subscriptions. And install another camera system. I am not going to risk that I will not see something and the child will get hurt.

megsellinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use Chrome, and yes, this outdated technology still uses flash, but even more ridiculous it appears as though it is set to time out after an hour of streaming. I notice this when watching my baby nap, almost 60 minutes on the dot I get a "your connection has been lost" error and when I refresh the page it says it timed out. Why on EARTH would a SECURITY DEVICE time out after only an hour of watching? I am then able to usually watch it on my phone or other mobile device, but it takes a long time to be able to reset on the browser. 

Good luck contacting support for ANYTHING. I have had an "open ticket" for well over a week, have sent several follow up responses, and when their website actually bothers to accept the reply without giving me and error it doesn't update in my ticket and I don't receive a response so I have no idea if anyone has read my concern.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation