Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

The volume is way up on the app, but all I hear is white noise. I have updated to the latest version of the app on my phone. Running Android. I see there was a few threads over the last few years. No resolution on the most recent in 2019.

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi carlaeh,

Have you tried to reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device? Is this also happening on the web client on your computer?

carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica, I have reinstalled again yesterday, and turned my phone on and off. When you say web client, do you mean through a browser?
Also, will the use of music or white noise affect it? Although I have tried turning it off as well and still no notifications.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

@carlaeh wrote:
Hi Jessica, I have reinstalled again yesterday, and turned my phone on and off. When you say web client, do you mean through a browser?

Yes, through my.arlo.com on your browser. 

Also, will the use of music or white noise affect it? Although I have tried turning it off as well and still no notifications.

Could you provide a video where you can only hear white noise?

carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I can provide a video. You can hear the baby crying very faintly under the drone of white noise. But the white noise isn't playing, so it's more like static on the microphone. She is crying quite loudly in 'real life'.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Please share the video link that shows where you can barely hear the baby crying. And just to be sure (since your post was from four months ago), do you have any white noise sound turned on through the Arlo Baby?

carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing the link. Could you check to make sure the speaker volume on your Arlo Baby is at 100%? You can check by going to the Arlo Baby settings and then going to "Audio Settings".

carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can confirm it is at 100%.
We have Arlo cameras for our regular home security, and they are so clear. We've used them to listen and talk to one another before. The Arlo Baby is very different. As per the video audio.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate the issue you're having. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

carlaeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica
I contacted Support, and they opened a case. They decided to send a replacement camera. But it's never arrived, and now I can't find my case because it's been closed off.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Carlaeh,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation