Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
StollFamily
Follower
Follower
With this most recent firmware update, one of our Arlo Baby cameras went offline and I thought that if I removed the device and tried to add it, this would successfully bring it back online. However, I can get it to show it is connected to the wifi, but I have problems with the Arlo app now:

1. I start by turning off the 5ghz band on our WiFi to ensure my phone and the Arlo are on the same band.
2. I hard reset the Arlo by pushing the reset button for about 10 seconds
3. When it is solid amber LED, I go to add the device in the Arlo app.
4. The app finds the MAC address and allows me to proceed with selecting network, etc.
5. The app says the device has joined the network and is ready to go.

Now this is where I think there’s an issue with the app...

6. I hit done and instead of backing out of adding the device, it starts searching for a hub or base station which we don’t have. So this search fails and then because that fails, the whole process fails even though the device shows it connected to WiFi and I can see it on my WiFi list of devices.

I am not sure at this point what to do and I’m growing more frustrated with the app
3 REPLIES 3
USER0213
Initiate
Initiate

User of 1 year with this camera. Having exactly the same issue with StollFamily's post. This camera has been extremely unreliable. I also use different brand cameras at a fraction of the cost and they have given me no problems. I am also an owner of 2 arlo pro2 cameras.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Michaelgt
Guide
Guide
Why doesn’t Arlo admit there is a problem and tell us they are working on fixing the problem.

Stop treating your customers like **bleep**
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation