Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wiekewuisman
Follower
Follower
Hi, I just received the Arlo baby camera and Have it set-up, works well - no issues. Now I was wondering: while we are sleeping is there no live streaming of sounds like in the parent unit of a normal babyfoon (only the alerts)? I guess I won’t wake up only by the sound of a notification, and also: is it right you will also receive notification if coughing or making other sounds? And then I’d you put your iPhone on silence mode, the sounds of these notifications will also be silenced? If this is the case, how do people use this as a parent monitor during the night?
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wiekewuisman

-Q. Now I was wondering: while we are sleeping is there no live streaming of sounds like in the parent unit of a normal babyfoon (only the alerts)? I guess I won’t wake up only by the sound of a notification,

A. There is an always listening feature you may use to continually here your baby. I have attached the link here: How do I enable or disable the Always Listening feature on Arlo Baby?

-Q. and also: is it right you will also receive notification if coughing or making other sounds?

A. Special alerts for crying soundsIn addition to regular sound and motion alerts, Arlo Baby offers alerts triggered by the sound of a baby crying. Push notifications and email alerts triggered by crying sounds are more specific than regular sound-triggered alerts.

-Q. And then I’d you put your iPhone on silence mode, the sounds of these notifications will also be silenced? If this is the case, how do people use this as a parent monitor during the night?

A. The Arlo Mobile App will not be able to alert audibly while your phone is set to disable any app/phone notifications.

sherryamber
Aspirant
Aspirant

In general, you will be awakened by an alarm if there is any noise. Of course, the general white noise can be filtered out, and all your baby's noise will be monitored. This means you don't have to worry about being awakened by a little bit of sound. The baby monitoring system can give you a better sleep.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation