Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Baby monitor alternative

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
craigmamakin
Follower
Follower

I'm already an arlo user. I'm looking to purchase a baby monitor but the official baby monitor model seems to be discontinued in the UK. I've done a little bit of research and I can see arlo flip-flopped regarding dicsontinuing it.

Is it worth me hunting for one, second hand or should I use something different (like an existing arlo Q camera I have)?

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations, please?

Honestly, I'd love to hear that the arlo baby has not been discontinued after all as it looks good..

Thanks,

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi craigmamakin,

We are able to confirm that Arlo Baby is being discontinued. While there isn’t a direct baby-monitor replacement, Arlo has a new Essential Indoor Camera which will provide superior in-home smart home security. The Essential Indoor Camera does allow users to easily monitor babies, as well as pets, elderly family members and more inside the home, all while preserving their privacy. The contrasting design differentiates the shield from the camera face so users can easily distinguish at-a-glance whether the privacy mode is activated, or the camera is monitoring and recording video.

To learn more about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, feel free to read more here:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi craigmamakin,

We are able to confirm that Arlo Baby is being discontinued. While there isn’t a direct baby-monitor replacement, Arlo has a new Essential Indoor Camera which will provide superior in-home smart home security. The Essential Indoor Camera does allow users to easily monitor babies, as well as pets, elderly family members and more inside the home, all while preserving their privacy. The contrasting design differentiates the shield from the camera face so users can easily distinguish at-a-glance whether the privacy mode is activated, or the camera is monitoring and recording video.

To learn more about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, feel free to read more here:

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation