Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Simondj
Follower
Follower
Is it possible to view 2 camera feeds (1 per child) at the same time? If so, is there audio from each camera?

All other baby monitors I have seen either have a split screen view with no audio or they switch back and forth the two cameras and audio. I want to be able to hear both at the same time using 1 viewing device.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I apologize for the miscommunication with this feature and the delayed responses. While you can live stream and listen to audio simultaneously for more than one camera with the app open, the Always Listening feature is only supported for one camera at a time. As mentioned above, if you would like to see this feature enhanced, I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not released yet so we don't know.  I'd think so but can't be sure.

Edit:  My bad - it's released. I still think so but someone else will have to respond if they have multiple cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simondj,

Yes, you can view 2 camera feeds and hear audio for both streams.

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi 

Does Always Listening feature in the Arlo Baby support TWO cameras at the same time (i.e. monitoring 2 kids' rooms at night)? 

i-SpY

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

Yes, you can view 2 camera feeds and hear audio for both streams.

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Thanks, James

But how about the Always Listening feature? Could I hear the audio on BOTH cameras at the same time when the screen is locked? I tried to enable BOTH cameras (by clicking the Speaker icon on the top left) but looks like only able to listen to one.  

Any thoughts?

i-SpY

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi James,

Any feedback? 

i-SpY

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I tested the Always Listening Feature with 2 Arlo Baby cameras and had no problems enabling the feature for both cameras simultaneously. What indication are you seeing that suggests this isn't working?

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Thanks, James

I also enabled BOTH cameras by clicking the speaker icon (top left) but only able to get sound from ONE room (tried live streaming also and video/audio are working so I know that camera HW is good). 

Could you confim you can hear SOUND from BOTH carmeras with Always Listening feature enable when the screen is off/the phone is locked? 

i-SpY

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I tested this and I'm hearing sound from both cameras using the Always Listening feature. What device are you using? Are you sure you're only receiving sound from one camera?

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi James,

I am using iPhone X. The same problem happend we my iPad Air 2 also. 

When you did the test for the Always Listening on the TWO cameras, did you have the phone screen off (as this is what the Always Listening feature intended for)? 

i-SpY 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I'll run this by QA and see what I can find out about the expected behavior. I'll provide an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi James,

Thanks! Any news yet? The Always Listening feature is a key baby monitor feature and that's also the reason I picked up the Arlo Baby instead of Logi Circle 2. 

Cheers,

i-SpY

I-spy
Star
Star

James,

Any feedback?

i-SpY

I-spy
Star
Star

JamesC,

Still waiting for your feedback, it has been almost a month already.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I apologize for the long delay, it appears that iOS and Android may behave differently in regard to the always listening feature. I'm currently seeking clarification as to which is the correct behavior. I'll provide an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

James C,

It has been 5 to 6 weeks since this issue happend. Do you have any update? Should I give up?

i-SpY

I-spy
Star
Star

James C,

Over 2 months already, any feedback on the issue? Should I assume Arlo Baby is NOT compatiable with iPhone and move on to other supplier?

i-SpY

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

At this time, the iOS mobile app will only support the Always Listening feature with one Arlo Baby device at a time. If you would like to see this feature enhanced in the future, I recommend visiting the Arlo Idea Exchange and posting an idea there where the development team can view and consider the idea for possible future implementation.

JamesC

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi James C,

Does that mean the Andriod Apps (i.e. Kindle Fire 7 tablet) can support Always Listening Feature with TWO Arlo Baby at the SAME time for continue monitoring? Could you please double confirm? This is VERY important and I do NOT want to have another surprise later on. 

i-SpY   

I-spy
Star
Star

Hi James, 

Any feedback on whether the Always Listening feature (with TWO Arlo Baby cameras) is supported in the Amazon Kindle Fire 8 HD? This is the tablet you guys recommended back in March (to replace the dedicated montior - see below) and I hope you have confirmed the features are working/fully compatiable. I have been waiting for a solution for a long time and please advise. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-dedicated-display-monitor-announcement/td-p/152...

i-SpY

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I-spy,

I apologize for the miscommunication with this feature and the delayed responses. While you can live stream and listen to audio simultaneously for more than one camera with the app open, the Always Listening feature is only supported for one camera at a time. As mentioned above, if you would like to see this feature enhanced, I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation