Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio notifications when phone is on silent - iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ajhendri
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! My wife and I just got the arlo baby monitor - so far so good. But I typically keep my phone on silent but would want the audio notifications from the baby monitor to come through regardless. Is this possible?
5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ajhendri,

Could you clarify about wanting to receive audio notifications from your Arlo Baby? Do you mean when your phone silent, you would like to be notified by overriding the silent mode? Or are you referring to receiving notifications when your Arlo Baby detects audio?

Ajhendri
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica, thanks for the reply.

I am on the iPhone X.

And yes, I would like to be able to receive an audio alert notification despite having the phone on silent. So yes, an override.

Is that possible?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Unfortunately it will not be possible to receive an audio alert notification despite with the iPhone going on silent; however, depending on your iPhone setting, you can receive vibration notifications. You can read about it here: Put your iPhone in Ring/Silent mode

Win-Win
Aspirant
Aspirant
So my wife & I we’re trying to figure out something similar. We want to have a more intrusive alert when the monitor picks up noise or crying. Any suggestions?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Win-Win,

You can't customize alert sounds on iOS device for the Arlo app. Feel free to give kudos to this post: Custom alert sounds

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation