Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo monitor delay & echo

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MamaNic
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I stop my monitor from having a 15 second delay?
Also the sound has also behan echoing and a reset doesn't even seem to be able to fix it. An echoing crying baby isnt grest to wakeup to.
Help please
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MamaNic

Does this occur on the web portal or another device as well?

MamaNic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have it linked to an ipad. Thats the only device that i use it on.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have iPad OS 13.3 installed?

CarrStu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Encountering the same issue with the image delay that has been described here, with the Arlo Baby on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), running the current iOS 13.3. 

This was carried out on a 5GHz WiFi network with both the Alro Baby and both Apple Devices having direct line of sight to the WiFi router.

Through some testing after initial setup i've found that the Arlo App has about a 15 sec delay on video on either of these iOS devices, while the audio delay is significantly less (a few seconds).  I have not as yet encountered the echo that was described by the originator of this thread.

I have also tested using the Apple Home Kit with the Arlo Baby to see if there was any difference.  When using the Apple Home Kit on a live view the delay is minimal, a few seconds at most.  While in the preview mode it would refresh every 10 seconds and also advise of the delay it had on the image.

This would indicate that there is a lag introduced when using the Arlo App, as it was not present when going through the Apple Home Kit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation