Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloBaby Pixelation with Orbi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
Arlo Baby has been working fine for a few months. However, I just installed Orbi (with 1 satellite) and the pixelation and audio cutouts are now awful.

Details:
- iPhone X as client; all devices have latest firmware
- Orbi RBR50, green connection to router
- 5Ghz connection (good strength)
- No pixelation using HomeKit app
- No pixelation using AppleTV Arlo app
- No pixelation using Arlo app over cellular network

Any suggestions welcome!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jmmmmh,

If you are experiencing problems with your router, try to unplug and replug your router and see if that does anything for you. Otherwise, you might want to check out the Orbi forums or contact NETGEAR.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
After some further trial and error, the local viewing is fine if both the client (iPhone) is connected to the same Orbi satellite as the Arlo Baby.

The stream is no way consuming the bandwidth of the Orbi backhaul (theoretical 3Gb!) so something else is happening.

C’mon Netgear, one team one dream...!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jmmmmh,

If you are experiencing problems with your router, try to unplug and replug your router and see if that does anything for you. Otherwise, you might want to check out the Orbi forums or contact NETGEAR.

jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
Wow...I’m blown away by the high quality advice and interest in wanting to help diagnose. I wish I’d thought to turn it off and on again. If only the last 18 years as a software developer had taught me that all bugs and issued raised by my users can be resolved this way. Thank you for enriching my professional career.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation