Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo sound feature

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
josebus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Looking to buy a Arlo Baby to connect to Apple HomeKit and monitor my kids while they sleep. I'm new to Apple HomeKit and the Arlo line, so I wanted to ask before purchasing, how do the sound notifications work? If the camera notices a sound (like a cry), is there any way for it to open up a live feed without any interaction on my part, or will I just get a simple notification for me to act on?

Just want to make sure the camera fits our needs, if they start to cry I want to be able to hear them ASAP.

Thanks,

Jose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

josebus,

The feed will not open and live stream automatically upon motion detection. However, you can start a live stream and let it remain streaming throughout the night. This would allow the stream to always been open for when any activity occurs.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

josebus,

The Arlo Baby can be configured to send a push notification upon detecting sound and/or motion. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I enable or disable email and push notifications for Arlo Baby?

JamesC

josebus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast reply James. I was aware that it would send me a notification, I asked if it could open the live feed automatically. At 2am it doesn't help me to get a notification as there is a really high probability of me not hearing it. 

I do appreciate your help though, I know that it may be a limitation of iOS as well. I will ask on the HomeKit support forums to see if the Home app has this ability.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

josebus,

The feed will not open and live stream automatically upon motion detection. However, you can start a live stream and let it remain streaming throughout the night. This would allow the stream to always been open for when any activity occurs.

JamesC

josebus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks, this could be an option or a valid workaround.

Thanks you,

Jose

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation