Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeddeth
Guide
Guide

Last night I was alerted that the air quality in my baby's room unusual. Of course I was a bit freaked out and immeadeatly opened his door, turned on a fan and worried about every item in his room that could potentially cause "somethin unusual to be detected in the air."

If the arlo is detecting something unusual does this mean I need to get my baby out of the room? Could it be a false positive from something normal? I think a lot more information is necessary here. 

In terms of calibration, the manual reccomends leaving the sensor so it can calibrate, but then what if it is calibrating somewhere that already has VOC's in the air? Is there another tool on the market I can use to check the sensor readings against so I know if this is even working?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeddeth,

If Arlo Baby suddenly reports an Abnormal or Very Abnormal reading, try to discover the reason. The air quality sensor can react strongly to chemicals found in cleaning products, hair spray, or cooking odors. Try opening your doors or windows to let fresh air in. The air quality should go back to normal after a while. If the air quality reading remains Abnormal for a long period of time, make sure that you remove products that might contain VOCs away from Arlo Baby.

For more information, see here: How do Arlo Baby’s air sensors work, and how do I interpret the readings?

For steps on recalibrating the sensor, take a look here: How do I recalibrate Arlo Baby’s temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation