Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby screen times out continuously

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having an issue with only one of my baby monitors not live streaming. It will live stream for 1 minute to 1 hour before it stops live streaming and I have to hit the “play” button again.
I have tried a hard reset (flipping the back switch and unplugging for 1 minute then switch and plug back in), pushing the reset button, switching locations with the other baby monitor, removing it from my devices and re-adding it. Nothing is working. It says it has full bars for connection and the other monitor is working fine no matter what room it is in. Speed test on our internet is perfect.
Help! This is very frustrating as my daughter has major nightmares and panics when we can’t hear her to come in to comfort her at night.
44 REPLIES 44
Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this @ShayneS ? 
Another issue I’m having with the same camera is I will set it to record motion and audio and then I exit out of the app and it resets the settings to “do nothing” every single time. So the monitor is essentially useless at this point. 

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Megannolet12 by any chance are you logged into to a second account or non primary account? Or do you have any cameras hidden when you’re logged in? I think my issue has been either I’m logged into a second account that was given access to the cameras but not all of the Arlo cameras on the main account, just the baby cameras. Hopefully they fix this ASAP 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mostly use my iPad (second account) but I have the cameras on my iPhone too (main account). When trying to trouble shoot the issue, I had both apps open and the camera “paused” simultaneously on the iPad and iPhone. So I know it’s not just a device/account issue unfortunately. I really hope it gets fixed quickly!

It does seem that sometimes motion/sound triggers the camera to pause, but I don’t know if that’s helpful information. 

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ah so you are using a second account on the iPad just like me! This has to be somewhat related to the issue @ShayneS 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes but it also happens on my iPhone along with the iPad so I don’t know if it’s related or not. But definitely could be an “apple” issue maybe? 

JB09
Tutor
Tutor

I began experiencing what appears to be the same issue today.  I have 2 Arlo Baby cameras.  One shows the home icon at top left, the other no longer does.  This is consistent across an iPhone, iPad, and Amazon Fire 7 tablet.  I have tried rebooting the offending camera several times.  Other observations: I cannot “reboot” that camera from the device settings page, the camera is showing up in a Bonjour browser (Discovery for iOS) which I assume is a necessary condition for it to allow ‘local’ streaming.  I’ve had these devices operating for almost 3 years and never experienced this particular issue before.  Both the iPad and iPhone are still on 15.6.1, but I have upgraded some AppleTV’s on my network to iOS16.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JB09

Have you tried to factory reset the camera by chance?

JB09
Tutor
Tutor

I have not, but it seems a little suspicious that other individuals are having the what appears to be the same issue with similar setups (2 Arlo Baby cameras, 1 not local streaming).  Granted the timing is slightly phased.  I don’t think there have been any software/firmware updates recently.  Maybe something to do with how the camera’s poll the Arlo network over the internet before deciding local streaming is “permitted”?

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have noticed that the camera “pausing” seems to be triggered by either motion or sound. If she’s crying or wiggling, I can’t get the camera to continue live streaming until she stops. 
It will still pause within an hour without motion/sound but when the motion/sound is happening, it pauses much more frequently/immediately. 

JB09
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS Is the fix that was applied to the base station applicable to the Arlo Baby? It seems like the ‘local streaming’ is the same, except the stream is initiated from the base station instead of the camera itself.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Was this issue just swept under the rug and forgotten about? 

I’m now not even able to hit play and nothing happens but a continues loop of “connecting “ when the live feed  stops playing. 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

They have been privately messaging with me to try to fix the issue. But it very randomly fixed itself a few days ago and I have no idea how or why or how long it’ll stay working! 

JB09
Tutor
Tutor

Looks like there was a firmware update for the camera last week.  However, I am still experiencing the same issue.  I did confirm both cameras show the new firmware and rebooted them, but the same camera always shows as “not home” on iOS and Android (amazon device).  HomeKit streaming works fine for the troublesome device with no timeouts.

JB09
Tutor
Tutor

So I finally got around to resetting the camera that was not local streaming and now it will local stream (shows 'home' icon) to my "main" account, but it would not local stream to a "shared" account.  I stopped sharing both Arlo Baby camera's to the "shared" account, and re-shared, and now neither camera will local stream to the "shared" account.  However, both local stream properly to "main" account.  I even tried logging out of the other device (an Amazon fire tablet), and logging in under my "main" account and the both cameras immediately local streamed (with 'home' icon).  Therefore the issue seems to be related to the cameras being shared.   I have 'Granted Administrative Rights' to the shared account.  I have tried rebooting the cameras and devices and deleting the app, none of which fixed the issue.  This was working for almost 3 years! Has something changed in Arlo's policy to prevent this from happening? Please advise!! If I keep having to rely on HomeKit I might as well move to a different company's cameras.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

It definitely is a software issue and relating to a guest account streaming. I’m still waiting for this issue to be fixed…

kwanzee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2 arlo baby cameras. I swear, ever since the 1.13.1.1_72_37927fa_f8c3b16 firmware release for these cameras, they haven't worked properly.

I do agree, it's the shared account that's not working. I will log into the primary account on my phone and the two cameras will auto-play with no issues. But when I logout and login with my shared account, the two cameras just sit at Connecting... forever.

I did manage to get one functional night where one of the camera's was streaming on my shared account tablet but I had to mute the sound on the stream. Luckily we have audio monitors in each of the two rooms. We bought them cause of how unreliable these cameras are so we can at least always hear them. 

@ShayneS Please fix this as I convinced my wife years ago to buy these cameras and ever since it's been giving us problems. 

Serial Numbers

50D176SL44510

50D286S66913B

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive been waiting months and even emails from support with long phone calls and email logs, still no fix...

SLEEP123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since about August last year . Both cameras disconnect after exactly 30 mins. Tried everything and looked in to the troubleshooting in the community. Baby 3 is on the way and this is very very frustrating! I will definitely thin k twice before I buy the home security camera from this company. I have no access to customers support so I have 2 expensive camera that do not do the job of a $20 camera! 

please come up with a solution for this issue because is frustrating! Internet cover is perfect in the house. 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having the same problem STILL! (Creator of the original post). Veryyyy frustrating. I ended up getting a sound only monitor and then if I can hear the kids crying or making noise, I press “play” on the Arlo camera to see what’s going on. Suuuch a waste of money overall though!

SLEEP123
Aspirant
Aspirant

And they don’t even have a decent customer service ! 90

Days  after purchasing it is nothing! 

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation