Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby not charging

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Fi5
Tutor
Tutor
My arlo baby has stopped charging. The orange light comes on when first plugged in but goes off 5 secs later. I have tried resetting the battery.
15 REPLIES 15
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you using the original charger and cable that came with the Arlo Baby? Have you got another you could try?

Fi5
Tutor
Tutor
Yes i'm using the original charger. Don't have another one, think i might need to take it back to where i got it from, maybe they can test it.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check on the web (  https://arlo.netgear.com/ ) and verify if the 1) level of charge 2) lighting bolt in battery icon...

Is the Baby working when plugged in ?

( check battery switch under feet , 1/4 turn twist to get off )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Fi5
Tutor
Tutor
I can't connect to the camera because it's saying the battery needs to be charged. Doesn't work when plugged in and i have tried turning the battery off and on from underneath.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you plug another device eg mobile phone, into the charger+cable to verify the charger is working?

Fi5
Tutor
Tutor
Charger works when plugged into my phone so maybe its a problem with the battery?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Guess the last thing to try is a factory reset with the little pin hole

Slagish
Star
Star
Any luck with this issue? I think I may have a similar issue as you.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Slagish,

Were you able to try out the troubleshooting steps that were given on here by steve_t and TomMac?

Micsel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.

holds charge  for a short while then dies and will not charge again.  I have tried other cables etc but same issue and the arlo baby cables work with my other arlo pro cameras fine.

its the battery in the baby and it’s only about 14months old,  does anyone have a fix,  m in New Zealand and this product has a 24 month manafacture warranty so I want to return this to netgear.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Micsel,

Have you tried the steps that steve_t and TomMac suggested above?

Yanna
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the arlo for a few weeks now and those weeks it worked it was fine. I recently unplugged it and let the battery die out and now arlo baby wont charge...left it plugged in 2 nights now and still not charging. Anyone had issues like this before? Any solutions other than leaving it plugged in?
So basically im nt even sure the battery ever worked since it was always plugged! I tried turning on and off the battery switch bt in both cases it wont charge.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Yanna,

Are you using the power outlet that came with the Arlo Baby? Have you tried plugging in on a different power outlet? If it still doesn't work, contact the support team so they can look into it: Arlo Support

Yanna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

yes im using the power outlet that came with the arlo baby, and tried different power outlets in different houses. im pretty sure its a manufacturing defect since it never worked. i guess ill have to contact Arlo support

Micsel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.

If you still have the store receipt and still in the warranty, take it back and exchange it.

Will be far faster than dealing with Arlo support. Trust me
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation