Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Richard123456
Follower
Follower
I have just bought the Arlo baby and have just started using it but in live mode and in baby monitoring made there is a constant hiss. I have turned the microphone sensitivity down to 2 but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Is there any way to remove the constant hissing which makes this almost impossible to use as a baby monitor, especially at night. I am sadly considering sending it back.

I have a nest cam and have no such problems with constant hissing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does it make any difference where your camera is located? Does it make any difference if your phone/tablet (whatever you're using to monitor the camera) is on mobile data rather than on the same network as your Arlo Baby?

Ziguy
Star
Star

@steve_t Have the same issue in my Arlo Baby that I bought this week. 
Does not matter the location, it always make the wite noise, I turned down the volume to 50% and its kinda better.
Integrated with homekit and oppening the camera thru it does not make the same noise, I belive that arlo app need some improving.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, that's very interesting. Do you get the noise when you view the Arlo Baby through the web client?

Ziguy
Star
Star

I have not trested out with the web client

Daniel2silver
Tutor
Tutor
I hear the excessive noise as well on the Arlo app. When using via Apple Home it works fine. Disappointing.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation